Digital security, preventing online fraud or phishing has become a necessity today. This is why for greater security processes can be validated through biometrics and thus establish the identification of an individual.
Identity validation through biometrics has advantages in the market such as quick and easy identification, business prestige, among others. Although the benefits of using these processes are several, there are still those who distrust and build myths far from reality.
Added to this is that in digital environments there are also known fake news’ and it is these that prevent users from accessing benefits. Some of the advantages of biometrics are: securely accrediting a person’s identity, fast and simple identification processes and business prestige.
Additionally, in the case of the use of biometrics there is much speculation about the data that is required to authenticate the online identity. That’s why this article mentions the most common myths.
Myths about the biometrics
- Is completing processes with biometrics complex? Identity validation methods with this technology are usually completed quickly and easily. In addition, once the data is registered, it will not take more than 15 seconds to enter.
- Does implementing biometrics outweigh costs? They are erroneously believed to be services that only large companies can purchase. The truth is, companies like Tekbees offer a variety of services that meet budgets.
- Can biometric data be stolen? The information that is recorded such as the face, the fingerprint, among others is transformed into fully encrypted binary codes. This means that the probability is minimal and makes this system one of the safest forms of identification.
- Is it possible to detect diseases with biometrics? This verification system records the characteristic traits of a person, but does not make an analysis of the state of health of an individual.
The data collected is classified as sensitive. That is, you must have the authorization of the holder where the purpose of use is indicated.
What to consider to deliver biometric data on computer and cell
- Ensure that the entity to which you will deliver the data complies with the provisions of the law. They should mention what they will be used for and the scope they will have.
- The page where the data will be recorded must have the padlock on the left side of the link.
In the url of the page must be the hppts with the letter s at the end. This means that the site has security processes.
- There are companies dedicated to implementing processes to protect users like Tekbees. This company helps to perform identity validations of its users and thus ensure that someone is who they say they are.
- The website must have a certification from a regulatory entity that validates that the page is secure.
Adapting to technology and processes via the Internet has become necessary in the midst of the pandemic. That is why you should promote the use of applications to validate identity and protect users from fraud or phishing.
Biometrics is a useful system that can help companies grow and give confidence to the end customer.