The world is moving by leaps and bounds and technology is constantly advancing. This is why many processes are now 100% digital. One of them is the reading of a QR code on a cell phone.
But what is a QR code: It is an image with black and white squares, these are always linked to pages, photos, profiles, and URLs, among others and reading is done through the cell phone. The purpose of these is to facilitate the user experience, saving you from having to copy unnecessary links.
The best-known method to scan a code is to open the camera of your cell phone and point it at the code, most smartphones have functionalities to read them. Once the link appears, just click on it and it redirects to the page of interest. The problem lies in the fact that this process is unsuccessful on several occasions. Therefore, we tell you what other options you have.
How to scan a QR code on Android?
From your cell phone photo gallery
- Save the QR as an image or take a screenshot.
- Open the gallery, go to the photo and select the share option.
- Now, click on the option ‘Google Image Search’. Automatically, your phone will interpret the image and show you the generated link.
- Tap the link to navigate to the link embedded in the QR code.
From Google Lens
- Download from your Play Store the ‘Google Lens’ application or check if you already have it installed by default.
- Open the app, select the image from your gallery that you want to scan or do the search through your cell phone camera.
- You will immediately receive a result link that you can click on to access the information stored with the QR code.
From the Google Chrome application
- Download the Google Chrome application, if you already have it just open it.
- Open the application and click on the camera icon (image search).
- You will be redirected to Google Lens to read the QR code and then be sent to the embedded link.
How to scan a QR code on iPhone?
Activate QR code reader on your cell phone
- Go to the settings of your Iphone.
- Look for the camera option.
- Activate the ‘Scan QR codes’ button.
- Then, go to ‘Control Center’ and add the code reader.
- Open your ‘Control Center’, and click on the code reader icon.
- Point your camera at the code, and the link will automatically open in Safari.
From your cell phone camera
- Open your cell phone camera.
- Point to the QR code.
- Click on the link that appears on the screen.
At Tekbees we facilitate your business processes. Contact us to automate your business and improve the user experience.